Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Does it take over a year to lose 75 pounds ?

Andy C I’m trying to lose it in a healthy, gradual way thank you. I’m not JUST 75 pounds overweight, I need to lose a ton more than that I’m just trying to figure out approximately how long it will take me to get there cause that alone is literally just halfway to my FINAL goal weight. I’d rather not be left with 50 pounds of excess skin, but on another note I’m also hoping I can at least get down to 75ish pounds before this year alone ends. 

I’m a woman, naturally it’s going to take me double the time that it’s going to take a guy like yourself 

• ?

Generally, yes, but it depends on the starting weight of the person and the conditions under which they are dieting.  A healthy and reasonable weight loss goal is 1-2 pounds per week.  With 52 weeks in a year, it is likely a person could lose 50-75 pounds in a year of dieting.

An otherwise healthy woman who weighs 200 pounds would probably take close to a year to get down to 125 pounds.  A person who weights 400 pounds might lose 75 pounds in a much shorter time after having bariatric surgery. 

• Andy C

No.  Maybe a few months.   It's just dieting and exercise just don't work. 

Source(s): I lost 25lbs of fat only in <5 weeks and I looked like I had ten or fifteen pounds to lose. "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig, M.D.
  • kelvin

it will take way longer than that 

• ?

It can, depending on how you go about it.