Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 2 months ago

What does it mean when an Information Technology manager’s co-worker (who also works in IT) responds “I’ll try. LOL” to the below question?

“Does anyone have Pro tools that can convert a ptf audio file for me?”  Since he’s an IT manager, wouldn’t he have access to this??

1. that file type is obscure, making a conversion software difficult to find

2. the software that is found has to be licensed by your computer or you could face major fines

3. Those "pro tools" could cost thousands which he knows will get denied. 

That's how I'd respond if it's something I'm not familiar with yet, or not sure I can do without some effort, such as locating software I don't have installed.

Exactly what it says.

*.ptf files come in three flavours, and type 3 files require Avid Pro Tools (these are session files).

But the IT manager should be able to access a conversion program on-line to change it to whatever audio format he can use more easily.

• Lv 7

wtf is a ptf? that's probably what he was lolling about.

i've been in IT for decades, and i have never heard of that format.

where did you get it from?