Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 2 months ago

How long do I have to take this medication to reverse heart disease?

3 years ago I was diagnosed with Left Ventricular Hypertrophy. My cardiologist prescribed Propranolol. But I forgot to ask her how long I had to take it. I am no longer able to see her due to change in insurance. So anyone know?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • The heart doesn't repair itself like other muscles do.  This is basically a life time diagnosis & your goal is to NOT have it turn into left sided heart failure.  If the beta blocker you are taking is successfully keeping your heart rate lowered & your BP withing liveable parameters, that is the best you can hope for. 

• 2 months ago

CALL the doctor, that doesn't require insurance. The doctor or a PA or nurse in the practice can look up your records and give you an answer. Also, if you're prescription is still being refilled, that would suggest that you are still supposed to be taking it.

If you have a significant heart disease, you should arrange for a new cardiologist ASAP and have your records transferred.  

• 2 months ago

Ask your new doctor.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.