Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 2 months ago

Why does alcohol only make me sleepy?

21, Female.

When I was younger I would get giggly drunk and happy and have energy.

Nowadays, I get SOOOO TIRED when I am drunk. Even if I only have 3 shots.

I drink about once every 2 weeks. I drink water with electrolytes when I consume alcohol.

Why can't I get happy drunk anymore? I get tired and sometimes emotionless. It sucks because at parties my friends are so happy and drunk, and then I'm either too sleepy to enjoy myself, or I don't drink and feel left out and tad sad that I can't drink.

I'm thinking there was a change in the level of my neurotransmitters since it's not like alcohol has changed.

1)What could be the cause of this?

2)Any tips?

What specific type of alcohol makes you yourself the most energetic/happy/or giggly?

There might be other factors affecting you, like lack of vitamins or something, so alcohol has more effect. (Just a guess).

It depends on the alcohol. I know people that get super tired whenever they drink vodka. but something that is radically different from whatever you've been drinking would probably make you happy and bubbly again and it also depends on what you've been eating.

Update: to be honest with you, I really only drink bourbon but the one time that I got very giggly for about 15 minutes was after I drank an entire bottle of dark apothic I got from an Ingles grocery store. And I drank it within 10 minutes it's a weird story and I'm not going to explain but that definitely work because if normally won't make me giggly at all.