whats making my eyes hurt using my LCD monitor?

i'm really baffled.....i'm aged 43, i have been to the eye hospital mid last year and they discharged me...and 2 weeks ago i went to the optician to have my eyes tested and the optician said my eyes were okay, i paid for some new anti reflective reading glasses.

my eyes have been hurting/aching a lot  for a year using my LCD desktop computer monitor,  but saying that i have been in front of my monitor an awful lot, without using up to date glasses....so it is thought i have severely strained my eyes.

but just using my new anti reflective glasses in the evening now at the computer...my eyes are aching a lot again.....the room is well lit, so i'm not straining my eyes.

so what could be making my eyes hurt whilst using my monitor?

the eye hospital discharged me and the optician said my eyes were healthy......so what can i do?

also, the brightness is turned right down on my monitor and the monitor is set to 'warm'....so i have tried everything i can think of.

what about anti blue glasses?  or a program that can further dim the screen

I've never heard of an "eye hospital".  Anyways....

Most of the time it's glare from the monitor.  Try diming the lights and changing the position of the monitor.

You should sometimes look away from the monitor and look out the window,  The change in focus is restful for your eyes.