Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 months ago

Who is your favorite “underrated” historical figure?

37 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Paul Bragg the health matters explorer from 1930 approximately

• garry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

mine is , professor calvey , a black man in 1900 , modernize farmers technique , use of peanut shells you refuse to use today , first black professor in a southern state university in 1910's . shame the blacks now think crying about there cause , when he used hes brain to get where he was .and yes i a white .

• 2 months ago

Siddhartha Gautama, known as The Buddha.  Or whoever exactly he was. Had Buddhism been adopted by western civilization, there would have been fewer wars.

Source(s): Historians aren't exactly sure who the buddha was.
  • 2 months ago

Emperor Norton I

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

GEORGE WASHINGTON CARVER, the gentle scientist who unlocked the miracles and mysteries of plants to serve all of humanity.

• hart
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

George Carlin

• 2 months ago

Grant and Oppenheimer 

• 2 months ago

Norman Borlaug.

Never heard of him?  Yeah, that's why he's underrated.  Borlaug developed (or lead the devlelopment) of advanced agricultural practices and modified strains of crops that were more pesticide and disease resistant which lead to the green revolution - which in turn has have LITERALLY BILLIONS from stavation.  We would not be able to support a seven and a half billion humans on this Earth without his innovations.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Patrick Henry, you don't see many followers but his hope stays alive on New Hampshire license plates.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Ibn al-Muqaffa, Donato di Niccolò & Baibars al-Bunduqdari.....also Benjamin Franklin & Max Stirner but they aren't underrated I guess

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.