Neighbor keeps calling cop because my 1 year old looked out the window?

What to do? I am getting somewhat irritated by my neighbor(s). Probably the same person calling the cops.

Earlier this week, the cops showed up at 12am and said they got a report from the neighbor saying they heard boys fighting and heated arguments. I explained that I have a 9 y.o, 6 y.o and 5 year old boy who are always arguing and fighting because thats what kids do! I explained that the boys probably opened their window. I let them looked inside and they asked if my kids were fine. Obviously my kids are FINE! So they left and waited in their vehicle by my house for a good 40-50 minutes before they left.

Just 2 days later!!! Today AGAIN at 12am!!! The cops showed up AGAIN! Saying they neighbors saw a child knocking on the window. It was my 1 year old baby girl looking out the window at night, she wasnt even knocking or touching the window. I mean seriously? I let them peek in at my kids. We just moved in about 8months ago. I asked if it was possible the neighbors dislike us because we're the only asian in the neighborhood? The cop laughed and said "no ma'am, we'll look into it" and left rather quickly after I said that.

What should I do??? Obviously I'll move out of this neighborhood soon but what should i do to protect myself or if they show up again at my doorsteps?

Because I work second shift. Hello.

Second shift working from home. 

• donnie

Let them call the cops. If the misuse 911 or even a non emergency number they will be the ones in trouble. Since they are lying you could maybe get some sort of defamation suit 

Hope your neighbor runs out of gift cards to mail the cops.  It is costing them also. 

Get a camera for inside and outside of your home, to prove that there's nothing wrong, just in case your neighbor says they saw something, or you or one of your kids did something that they didn't do.  You can also try filing a complaint against them with the police, or you can see about getting an attorney that handles neighbor disputes and harassment.  If they keep calling the police for nothing, they're going to end up on the wrong side of things. 

If they called 1/10th as often as you claim, THEY would be charged with filing false reports. You are a BAD FICTION WRITER.

Pretty soon it'll be your jackass neighbor that ill be told by police to knock off frivolous calls or else. 

If this is happening at midnight it sounds like maybe you need to get your kids onto a better sleep schedule. 

yes why are your kids up at 12am...  omg  I would suggest getting them to bed alot earlier. I would be calling the cops also for noises coming from my neighbors at 12 ******* am . GOOD LORD !!! 

How about putting your kids to bed before midnight like a good parent instead of letting them run wild into the middle of the night? If you didn't have little kids raising holy hell into the wee small hours but had them in bed hours earlier like any parent who isn't guilty of child neglect would, you wouldn't have these problems with your neighbors or the law.

Why are the kids up at midnight. Shouldn’t they be asleep. When there are loud noises at night, neighbors have the right to complain to the police about disturbance. 

If you don’t want those neighbors to call the police on you, have the kids go to sleep by midnight. 

File a restraining order against him or an injunction