Covid 19 Vaccine?

Ok about this Pfizer shot , it’s comin to Australia and every1 is worried cos it came out way 2 fast , when there’s supposed to be years of testing and my mum is 60 and works at the hospital and she’s been through the works she’s Had meningitis but she has to have it in a few weeks and I’m scared she will die 

• JASON

I'd say keep your eye on the UK who are rolling this out at the moment, but if there are any side effects, will anyone be told? Also, as it's being given to the very old and very ill first, they are exactly the people due to die first, so what conclusion will we be able to draw from the data? Testing is so inaccurate. I've just heard an old folks home say they were getting many people tested in hospital who were declared clear, only to arrive in the home, be tested and found to be positive.

•  You are worrying unnecessarily. You can be assured no scientist or government would pass an unfit medicine. The reason it is here so fast is we are in a crisis and red tape was cut to bring this and other vaccines out. I am definitely having it.

This vaccine was developed quickly for the sole purpose of making politicians look good.

She won't die from the shot any time soon.

• *

It's been trialed for months on volunteers before getting the OK. I had it 2 weeks ago, no problem. A bigger risk if she does not have it.

Read the science not comics. Covid has been around for decades . A vaccine was already produced, it just had to be tweaked for the 19 version.

• Ian

There has NEVER been such an effort to come up with a vaccine. All of the standard vaccines we get as children took decades and only had minimal amounts of scientists working on it. The Covid vaccine was researched and had medical cooperation around the world. Sharing of info across Nations with multiple trials has made it the most researched vaccine EVER. It has led to discoveries in epidemiology and virology that will help to fight many more viruses and diseases in the future. All of your concerns about your mum should be discussed with her doctor and whoever is administering the vaccine.