Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 1 month ago

Is it likely that I have Ehlers-Danlos?

So I have been having joint pains, osteopenia, hyper mobility, crowded teeth, fairly transparent skin pretty much since I was about in primary school. My dad has similar things, but he hasn’t specifically been diagnosed with EDS since he hasn’t seen it as that much of a problem. Am I likely to have EDS? Thank you.

Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome is a very rare hereditary connective tissue disorder that results in unusually flexible joints, very elastic skin, and fragile tissues. This syndrome has several variations, which are caused by abnormalities in the different gens that control the production of connective tissue.

Theres a 50/50 chance of inheriting this..................... MIGHT TRY GENETIC  COUNSELING TO KNOW......................

Source(s): nurse
  • Andy C

That needs to be diagnosed by one or three doctors who can TEST you and not just trust your description of what could be false interpretations of symptomology you read online.