How do you describe yourself as a reader? For example, I describe myself as a chamelion reader because I read books base on my mood. ?

I’ve been saying “eclectic” when asked, but I like your “chameleon” description better. I’m going to use that from now on. 🙂

By the way, pay no attention to the spellcheck police. Haters got nothing to say. 😏

• ?

I don't see any need to describe myself as a reader. I just read.

PS That's "chameleon".

that's a good way to describe it.  I find my anxiety fills me with too much emotion a lot of the time so I like to lean towards horror/suspense novels, especially those with twists because the fear emotion is one that takes over the others.  My guilty pleasure is the occasional intense romance. 

I guess one would say I'm mainly professional & related topics reader.  So I read books and magazines/journals in the sciences, and for fun read science fiction.

I would describe myself as a habitual reader........ I read everything I can get my hands on.  I always keep a book in my back pack, so I have something to read on long lines, or at the post office waiting my turn for an hour. 

When I lived in NYC.....the best part of the commute every day, was a half hour on the train, and then another half hour on the ferry,   each way, to squeeze in two hours of  reading, each day. ...and maybe another half hour on my lunch break.....after getting lunch, and sitting down in some park to eat. 

I'm just a reader, who reads what I want to read, from science articles, to fantasy, to the classics to romance. I don't label it.

A catholic reader, note the small "c."  I read everything without prejudice as far as possible.  I would add "voracious" but I'm afraid that the ubiquity of the internet has somewhat blunted my appetite.

'habitual', because i hardly turn away of certain genres and look for determined atmospheres, fixating on few authors rather than many. and 'immersed', in the sense that when i find the right book i live it, i savor it very slowly and i read it several times.

I don't think there's a word for describing how one reads but I would say I'm a picky reader. There are very few books that I would call incredible. Sometimes I also read based on my mood like you. 

• Andrew

I'm not familiar with the term "chamelion." Is that some sort of lizard-cat hybrid? I don't use any term to describe myself as a reader because I can't think of any reason why I might need one. Moreover, I don't see how a person could pick up a new book based on mood as in my experience it's nearly impossible to predict what sort of emotions a new book might prompt me to feel. And what about non-fiction books that don't influence one's emotions at all? We're barely three weeks into 2021 and so far I've read a collection of ghost stories, reread "The Ascent of Rum Doodle", a book on Rome, and am now three quarters of the way through another novel. If there's a word for that - other than 'eclectic', please let me know.