Anonymous

Bf got Covid. Back to work after a week. ?

My bf got covid. Didn’t really isolate himself. After a week somebody called and told him he can go back to work without getting tested. Is that ok? Like he is a doctor, has to contact with patients all the time. How could you know that you are no longer have covid without getting tested? Is it ok to go back to work like this? His mom got covid from him and just knew the result. Doesn’t it mean he has to quarantine himself again since they live together?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

If he is a doctor, he is the most ignorant and irresponsible one I have ever heard of. 

A doctor knows he has to isolate completely, or he puts other people in danger. 

He also knows a week is much too soon and he needs to get tested. 

Also he does not rely on his girlfriend asking everyone on Yahoo for medical advice. 

If he has told you he is a doctor, ask where he got his medical degree, and if it was a christmas present. 

Tell the fool to stay home and stay away from everyone. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

honestly, I wouldn't feel comfortable going back to work unless i quarantined for 2 weeks. Also is he feeling sick still or anything? is he up to going back to work? if he is not and doesn't feel well he should request time off. The truth of the matter is that we cant possibly know everything about this virus we can only make educated guesses about when a person stops being infected.. and its true that a person can test positive for weeksss... i mean if they live together id stay away from his mom... because i think it is possible to get reinfected again... .like his mom should stay in her room as much as possible to not reinfect him again and they all should quarantine for like 2 weeks i think... i would NOT GO BACK TO WORK WITHIN 7 DAYS OF TESTING POSITIVE.. I JUST WOULDNT FEEL COMFORTABLE DOING THAT AND ID PROBABLY STILL FEEL SICK... tell him he needs to put his health first:(

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If he's a doctor, dealing with patients, then he definitely shouldn't have gone back yet. The minimum's two weeks. He must have colleagues who can cover for him. Surely everyone at his practice is replaceable at a minute's notice, or at least, they oughta be. 

• 1 month ago

Your boyfriend is a doctor but you ask strangers these questions instead of him?

"Doesn’t it mean he has to quarantine himself again since they live together?" NO!  you can't get covid again for at least a couple of months after recovery.

"How could you know that you are no longer have covid without getting tested?" because we know how long the contagious period is. 

You are allowed to leave quarantine after 7 days WITH a negative test.

You are allowed to leave quarantine after 10 days regardless.

People can test positive for as long as 90 days.  You do not need a negative test unless you want to get released from quarantine jail early. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

IF he is a Doctor then he will know the system of going back to work.

• 1 month ago

Per the CDC, repeat testing is NOT recommended because you can test pos for weeks and weeks. The test doesn’t differentiate between “live” virus and inactive parts.  The CDC says after the required isolation period (10 days after six or 14 from exposure) you are no longer considered infective.  The CDC web page is a good resource.

Source(s): Work covid call center
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

The short answer is he should not be going to work or anywhere without being tested first.He needs to have 2 negative tests 24 hours apart.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.