Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

When you say something "hits the spot", where exactly is that?

Favorite Answer

It depends on what you’re doing at the time, there’s different spots in different situations 

it just makes more sense

They mean the taint.

I feel it in my ****... man that really hit the spot.

Usually it means your thirst has been quenched... because that is quick... but it can involve other immediate fixes to - among other things - hunger/empty stomach. 

• ?

its telling you exactly whats going on

It means it is satisfying to me. I like my coffee a certain way, so when I drink the coffee and it tastes just the way I like it, then I would say "that hits the spot". Simply means " Yes, that is what I like"

😄 People in general are in pain when we starve. So... wherever the starvation is relieved.