Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

why is life so painful?

Watching someone I love die in my arms, getting laid off, fighting to pay the bills. 

Having everyone I ever cared about just leave me, and now I'm here on this shi*ty planet just trying to survive. Why is life so painful

Favorite Answer

Just for perception's sake... If you were born in a western nation any time after about 1980 you've been living under near optimal conditions in contrast to how most of human history has been. Not that this'll improve this backsliding into historical "normalcy" we're now experiencing. But maybe it'll help you be grateful that the reason you can recognize right now as awful is because you were largely spared until now of the things our not that distant ancestors had to cope with daily. Things will likely get better within your lifetime if you're strong enough to hold it together for a while. Good luck. 

you need to ask god this question, ive wondered the same thing

That the question that millions of people who lived before you never found an answer to. At least you'll get to rest from wondering when you eventually die.