Amber asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

Stray cat having seizures help please!?

A stray friendly sweet cat came to my front door meowing and scratching three days ago. I let her in as it was storming outside. She acted like a normal cat for the first two days eating, drinking, even playing with the cat toys I got her. I contracted animal control, posted signs, Facebook posts looking for her owner. No one has claimed her. I was planning on keeping her if no one claims her. 

However things took a turn last night at 2am she ended up having a seizure for about a minute and urinated on herself. I cleaned her up and she went back to sleep. This morning she again had a seizure around 9am lasting about 1 to 2 minutes she urinated on herself again. Afterwards she recovered fine eating and drinking. I'm really at a lost on what to do since she is a stray cat and I dont know her history. Do I put her back outside and let her be a neighborhood cat, do I take her to the humane shelter where she might end up being put down for medical issues, or what would you do in this situation? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I did take her to scan for a chip and she doesn't have one. 

The poor animal. Yes get her to the vet immediately. They can medicate her and help in some way. She sounds like she is in desperate need of help. 

Tsar Nicolas 2nd was stopping the antichrist from coming to power. Once the tsar was removed, 70 million people in his country died in gulags or by disease or by famine or by shooting squads. Since 1917, antichrist's kingdom (worldwide communism) is building up. Soon WW3 will happen in order to ban religion; antichrist will claim that only he can make peace on the earth; deceived people will believe him (very sad story indeed).

Source(s): To break any curse, pray the Psalm "the LORD is my light and my salvation" 40 times per day for 40 consecutive days (that's 1600 times in total). Once the curse is broken, pray that Psalm three times daily (saint Pelageya of Ryazan promised this would keep witchcraft away from you). Sleep paralysis is caused by demons; demons never do good; sleep paralysis is stopped if you pray to Jesus, Theotokos Virgin Mary, saint Vyacheslav Krasheninnikov or someone on their level. Jesus is Creator; Virgin Mary is His Mother; Vyacheslav Krasheninnikov is His angel.

If you were planning on keeping her, I would think you were curious enough to take her to the vet and see what they can do for her.  

• PR

1. Besides Facebook, place FOUND AD on Craigslist including a photo. Be sure anyone inquiring can identify the cat or something about the cat. They should have some sort of pic of the cat or vet records, or truly know the cat.

2. TAKE THE CAT TO THE VET. No, do not put the cat back outside. The kitty has come to you, for help. A vet call may cost about $40-45 for initial evaluation. If they think she needs medication, they will tell you.

3. Consider the cat may have ingested something such as anti-freeze. Again: It is very important you take her to the vet for evaluation. It is not a great idea to wait on this, but call as soon as the vet office opens, and tell them what is going on so they will get you in with the cat.

Also, keep in mind that the owners may not have seen your ads, yet, or they are not associated with Facebook - I am not. This is why you need to cover all possible sites where most people look. Be sure your signs are made with HUGE letters that are at least 6 inches tall, so they an be easily read by passing drivers.

I would not take her to a shelter, but care for her. The seizures may subside, and a vet can tell you more in this regard. Be sure they check her ears. Sometimes a condition called Vestibular Syndrome can mimic seizures, although the cat would not usually urinate. The cat might seem like it cannot stand, may wobble about, and may also have signs of eyes darting back and forth, even very slightly. This can be brief or last a few minutes. It can easily be mistaken for a seizure and sometimes is caused by an ear infection, or sometimes considered "idiopathic" (cause unknown). VS is easily treated with motion sickness medication and another I have forgotten.

She could also have a high fever and really needs to be checked.

If for any reason you cannot keep the cat, take her to an animal rescue league. You can find these groups by inquiring with your local pet supply store, or checking for groups on "Petfinder". 

If that does not work and you cannot keep her, consider placing an ad on Craigslist, or the "Nextdoor" site, or Facebook. Interview the people, ask for vet references, and DO NOT just give her to the first person who comes along. Some people use small animals such as cats, for dog fighting.

• Beth

The cat might have epilepsy. It would need a thorough veterinary check-up to diagnose the problem. 

take to a vet and get advice. SOmetime seizures can be helped by taking medication

Did you take the cat to anyone that could scan the cat to see if it is chipped.  I know you say you contacted animal control, but did anyone actually check the cat for a chip?

If the cat is chipped, you might be able to find the owner.  The animal shelter should be able to scan the cat for a chip.

As for what to do with the cat - don't put the cat back outside to be a "neighborhood" cat.  That is a hard life if the cat doesn't have a good source for their next meal and the cat faces many dangers from traffic or people who hate cats.  

If you don't want to invest in vet bills to care for the cat yourself, (like you mentioned, you have no history on the cat, so you would need to have a vet diagnose the issue and then find out treatment options - could become expensive and you don't even know how old the cat is) - then turn it over to the shelter.  It is far better for the animal to be put down at a shelter then left out on the streets to be hit by a car and suffer a slow death from the injuries.

I have had to make a choice like this for a few stray cats.  I already have two cats of my own and can't take on more.  (my cats absolutely do not accept any other cat in the house.)