Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

anyone notice that doing the right thing has serious consequences ?

I have noticed that doing the right thing many times has serious consequences. For example, this kid was getting bullied, this other kid stepped in to help, he got his @ kicked. This women was getting robbed, this man stepped in to help, he got stabbed n died. Put urself in these situations, would you do the right thing ?

If it's a dangerous situation, you should report it and stay out of danger but definitely do what you can.

• Hayley

You should still strive to do the right thing. If more people did good things for others, the world would be a better place.

I saved a dog's life, and nothing bad happened to me. I suppose it depends on the situation. The situation that the dog was in was somewhat dangerous, so I decided to save a dog's life. I was able to easily save a dog's life, and the dog who I saved was able to live. Because of me.

Better minding your own business in this horrible world z

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

No, we notice that it CAN have serious consequences, but we also notice that often it results in the right thing being done and none of the participants getting harmed in any way.

Depends if it looked like my life was going to be threatened back dangerously if I stepped in, but I usually try to do the right things. Sometimes doing the right thing also gets no recognition 

I would usually try. I'm confronted by this every time I go into town where there are quite a number of people begging. Should I empty my purse for them since I know where my next meal and pay check are coming from? Sometimes. What I've grown to realize, in my town, is that I recognize most of the beggars year after year... which, suggests,  to me, that they've chosen their occupation and, much like all the little businesses in town, I really do not have an OBLIGATION to give them my business/money  unless I want to. It's not my responsibility to support businesses that I am not interested in frequenting. It is my business to want a healthy population that isn't afraid to engage with their fellow citizens. I did once face down,  disarm and throw a man out of a party who was brandishing a serious knife and trying to get into a potentially fatal fight with another man who was preparing to engage. I walked right into the middle of it, knocked the knife out of the guy's hand (he was drunk), slapped him hard and marched him out the door onto the driveway and told him not to return.He didn't Wasn't my house. Wasn't my party. But I wasn't putting up with it!  I have, occasionally, intervened with people who were bullying or tormenting another human or animal when the perpetrator wasn't armed as well. Everything has consequences. Not doing the right thing has consequences too. Even if you don't directly notice them. 

the right thing to do when you see someone getting robbed is call 911 not imagine yourself some kind of superhero and get yourself killed