Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Is 22 too old to have sleepovers?

Short answer, you're never too old to have sleepovers. The long answer is that sometimes doing the things we did when we were young is quite fun when we get older. Especially as you transition to adulthood you're gonna miss being a kid, and so you might want to do some kid stuff. There's nothing particularly wrong with that, it's just human nature to be nostalgic of our childhood. Also, since you no longer have parents around (if you live by yourself, or live on campus) you can have a sleepover that lasts for days. So I hope this helps, but honestly having sleepovers as an adult is really just disguised with the word "girl's night". I'm a dude though, so maybe what I just told you was complete crap but I think I've dated enough girls (assuming you are one) to know that this is probably okay. Guys can do it too I guess, but a sleepover of adult men consists of beer, whiskey, and some weird 80s nerdy film nobody other than us bothers watching.

Heck no! Not even too old to go Trick or Treating like I did when I was 19 and my great aunt said I was too old.

At 79, I have a girlfriend who sleeps over a couple of times weekly. Of course, you're not too old. Merry Christmas!

If your mate is keen I don't see a problem, if you get too drunk you don't have to go home 😅

• ?

It is, unless you're planning on have sex with someone.

Life is short; barring something harmful to others, if that floats your boat just do it.  It's a little old but hardly the end of the world I reckon.

I am a guy, and I find your question vague.  I am not sure if you are living at your parents home, or your own place. Are you a guy or girl,  When you say, sleep over, do you mean a bunch of just guys if you are a guy, or just girls if you are a girl, or do you mean one person, that you plan to have sex with. I am assuming you are a woman, most guys would not call a few guys coming over as a sleep over.  Usually if we have a party, to watch Football, 1 or 2 might get too drunk and have to spend the night, or 1-2 might live over a hour away, and does not want to drive home at midnight or later. So you are a woman who wants either her man to spend the night, at her parents home, or you want a few girls to have a sleep over , so you all can do girl things together, like paint your finger, and  toe nails, do each others hair, and talk about boys. At your parents house bringing home a boy, parents would not think it is cool.  Other wise at your parents house, or your own place, I have seen women as old as 50 having a girls night out, and then having a sleep over to do girl things.  Anytime you can somewhat bring back feelings whenyou were younger, I say go for it. 

I'm in my 40's and my friends and I had a sleepover at my place just earlier this year before COVID-19 hit. We don't call it sleepovers, though. It's girls' night with food, wine, and maybe a few cocktails. 

I'm 50 and still have a sleepover every year for my birthday.  My girlfriends and sisters come and we all sleep in sleeping bags on the deck after playing cards, BBQ and beer.   Weird?   Probably.  But it's easier than packing and unpacking for camping.

• Merry

I'm 50 and from to time to time go away for the weekend & stay overnight at my friends. (One lives 1.5hrs away... Another 4hrs away) 

We don't call it a 'sleepover' but it's basically the same thing ... just add alcohol, fancy food etc and you have a adult version of it!