Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceWomen's Studies · 2 months ago

Do you think chivalry is something women deserve or do you think it's just a favor from men to women but not something women deserve?

@Jay I have this OCD thing and i was wondering if you could remove your answer. It's hard to explain. I actually want to delete this post but i cannot, but if you remove your post it would help a bit

Favorite Answer

Women don't deserve it.

Its a manner to which you are raised.

Its kind, has no race, no boundaries, and if your in favor of it my hat off to you. 🙃❤

No woman deserves chivalry ... it's more of a gift. That being said, the way most women act these days, they are deserving of contempt.

Women just don't get it - they expect and want (some even believe they deserve) special treatment, then in the same breath think they should be considered equals. HELLO??? I think only an idiot could not understand how the first disqualifies the possibility of the second, Can you imagine if this was done in sports? "Yes I would like to have more players and not have to follow certain rules.....oh yes and a few points head start. And if I win, I want to be seen as just a deserving champ as if I didn't have these special breaks".....are you kidding me??

The whole point of feminism is create women who don't need knights to protect them.

• liz

I don’t remember the last time a man took off his cloak and laid it across a puddle so that I didn’t dirty my shoes.  But if we’re talking about things like opening the door for women, yes that still happens. Just as polite women will open a door for men. Chivalry is outdated but manners and being polite live on ( amongst people who have been well brought up.)

"Do you think chivalry is something women deserve or do you think it's just a favor from men to women but not something women deserve?"

Only ladies deserve gentlemen.  But after 50+ years of post classic-feminist social engineering, it may be too late .  Chivalry only worked under the traditional arrangement where we treated men and women differently, in a manner that was more fair for both sexes, based on our physical and behavioral differences.  But then feminists came around to demand equality (equal treatment) at the expense of chivalry or any special treatment. Feminists wanted to kill the old deal. They called it "the Patriarchy" and they felt it was "oppressive" to women.

Chivalry also held women up to the standard of becoming ladies in order that they would receive the benefits of gentlemanly behavior.  Men were motivated under this dynamic to rise to the level of gentlemen.  But then once again, most women fell for and adopted the values of feminists that shamed the social standard bearers previously called ‘ladies’, which in turn shamed gentlemanly behavior. If there are no ladies, there will be no gentlemen. As women go, so goes society.

.

it's a toxic type of masculinity 

I think it is old etiquette that few people observe anymore.