Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 2 months ago

Does the weather or season(temp etc. etc.) matter prior to painting interior walls? ?

Favorite Answer

I have painted my home interior during every season of the year and in all types of weather. I have never noticed any sort of negative effects of the end result. In humid weather, the paint takes a little longer to dry, but nonetheless, you should always wait a few hours before applying a second coat of paint anyway.

Yes.  If it is a choice, do it when you can leave doors and windows open.  Even water base latex has a drying agent that irritates nose, throat and lungs.  If you have little ones they don't need that.

With normal indoor temps, you should be fine. Just remember, if it is humid you'll find it takes longer to dry.

What matters is the interior conditions.  If the weather is not making the interior too humid or cold, then it's not a problem.  

• Andy C

Humidity always factors into dry time.

i dont think it should matter

Not if the house is heated or air conditioned enough to be habitable.