Need advice on what to do when my new phone gets here. ?

I bought a samsung galaxy s9+ off amazon. It said it was unlocked and in the comments about the phone people had said they were using it on metro PCs which is the network I am using.( if I want to switch my phone # and my network to my new phone what will I have to do??) 

1.Will I have to call metro with my phones new IMEI #?

2. Even tho the phone is unlocked and switched to my network will it still turn on with another networks logo?

okay first off, i hope you got one that works with your carrier. there are CDMA and GSM carriers. it looks like metro pcs is a GSM carrier. so as long as the phone you got is compatible with that, all you need to do is use the sim ejector tool that comes with the phone to remove the SIM card from your current phone, maybe wipe the gold connectors a bit with a cloth, and then install it in your new phone. it's easy. you might also want to buy a 64 or 128 gig micro sd card to put in the phone too, that way if it ever gets damaged you will still have your photos and stuff on the sd card. 

anyway, i have the same phone. you're going to need to get a case for it. i have an otterbox defender pro. also you're gonna need to go on aliexpress and buy a bunch of USB-C cables for it. and a wireless charger. i usually leave my phone sitting on a wireless charger but if i charge it with cables i have to pull the bottom half of the case off, because i dont like how the otterbox case has that flap that presses on the cable while it's plugged in. i want the port to last as long as possible.

you need a wireless charger or 2 in case the charging port ever stops working, then you can still wirelessly charge it. I keep one in my car and one at home.

If you dont want to worry about having to pull part of the case off whenever you're charging the phone with a cable, then either cut that part of the otterbox off or get a different case entirely. 

LASTLY, AND THIS PART IS MOST IMPORTANT I HOPE YOU READ IT. THE IP68 WATER RESISTANT RATING IS A LIE. I WASHED MY PHONE OFF IN A LOW PRESSURE SINK AND THE 6TH OR 7TH TIME THAT I DID THAT, WATER GOT INTO THE PHONE AND MESSED UP THE FRONT FACING CAMERA. so now my front facing camera is blurry and i have to literally wait for the s20 ultra to drop in price.

so yeah, ignore the waterproof rating. you could probably have it in your pocket on a rainy day and nothing will happen but if you rinse it off in the sink several times, water is going to get inside of it. and that sucks. be careful when cleaning it.

ONE MORE FINAL THING. TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS WITH THE FRONT FACING CAMERA. there was some sort of software issue with the s9s where whenever you use the front facing camera, the photos get messed up and cropped in a weird way. if you have one of the S9s that was affected by that issue, return the phone and get a new one. My phone has that issue. The only way to work around it is to use the volume button to take photos instead of the screen button. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. either way it doesn't now because my front camera got wet.

okay thats everything. good luck with your phone.

You're putting too much thought into this. You will just need to remove the SIM card from your old phone and put it into your new one. Turn on the new phone and go through the setup. Once its done, you should be able to make and receive calls, texts, and use mobile data. There really isn't a need to call Metro.

If the phone is factory unlocked, it will have no carrier branding or apps. However, if phone is from a carrier and it is unlocked, it will have the branding of the carrier it came from.

i would take it to a phone place and let them help you with it