Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Is it normal that my daughter is the spitting image of my mother-in-law?

My daughter is 20 and she has never resembled me one bit. However, she is the spitting image of my mother-in-law. Is that rare or is it normal that your kids and can look exactly like their grandparents. They are literally identical, face and body. 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Certain traits are passed from generation to generation...sometimes skipping. My oldest son in fact looks a hell of a lot like his maternal great great grandfather. The pictures of both are striking in their similarities. 

So yeah...pretty normal.

• Ann
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

My daughter looks like her paternal great-grandmother, and my son has a daughter who resembles her paternal great-great grandmother.  Two of my three children resemble their father more than me, except for their eye and hair coloring.  Their facial features definitely resemble his family.  It's called genetics. 

• 2 months ago

It's called genetics and a throw of the dice as to whose characteristics and shape you will inherit.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It all depends on the dice roll of genetics. Clearly your daughter carries the genes that your coparent inherited from his/her own mother. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I think its "normal". However, are you the dad or the mom? If you're the dad, and she doesn't look at all like you....well? Draw your own conclusions?

• 2 months ago

Yes, genetics at work.  Very normal.

• Jerry
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, it is very possible for one to physically resemble family members other than parents. "Identical cousins" are fairly usual. Looking like a grandparent, a aunt or uncle, isn't unusual.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.