Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Is it worth me moving out and renting while working from home?

I started a new job recently but it's going to be working from home. I had to terminate a tenancy agreement I signed recently after realising I couldn't afford it, so now I'm stuck at my parents house. I hate it there as they won't let me go out, and they keep on going on at me to buy a house and make a down payment. I'm still 20, and that down payment is years away. My priority is getting out of that house as soon as possible.

Is it worth me moving out while I work remotely. Or should I save money and move out once the offices reopen?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

The reason you're working from home is the same reason you shouldn't be going out. So if your parents are willing to let you live there and save money it's surely worth it. 

• ?

Didn't you answer your own question? You said moving is your priority, getting out "as soon as possible".  The fact that you will be working from home would, logically, make it even more of a priority than if you were going to an office each day. 

Ask them if they can afford to help you move out by giving you the down payment for a house.  Sometimes just a little help is all you need.

Yes, move out if you hate it there.   I went through the same thing when I was in my 20's and it only gets worse.  So move out now while you have the chance. 

No one can tell you if it's worth it TO YOU, because we don't know your situation well enough and we don't know you at all. Does it seem worth it to you? If so, it is. If not, it's not.