I do not have a Microsoft account can I still download Windows 10 from the Microsoft website and install windows? ?

The hard drive died... Windows came with the computer as I have no retail copy of windows. I have lost the recovery disk. This is an OEM copy of windows can I still download Media Creation Tool from Microsoft website and install windows? 

Or will it ask for a product key before it installs? Is a OEM product key okay?Or will I have to buy a retail copy of windows 10?

• Lv 7

if it came with Win10, the key is embedded in the system.

download from Microsoft even works on a Mac ;)

• Bill-M

Yes you can.   You can also create a Microsoft account. It's free.

• ?

I already answered in your previous question: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20201...

You don't need a Microsoft account to use the media creation tool.

If your machine came with Windows 10 AND the OEM key on the machine says it is for Windows 10, then you are fine to reuse that to install Windows 10 again.  You can download the install files from Microsoft and install without problems in activation. 

You do not need an account to download windows. You may be asked to provide a new Windows key. Some people may say it isn't needed, but you may need it.