asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

What is your opinion of premade lasagna?

• JJ
    Favorite Answer

It is handy if you don't want to cook

Being part Italian and being served lasagna by my Italian elders, I am a bit of a lasagna snob, I must admit. 

I would never even consider ordering lasagna in a restaurant unless it was an Italian Cuisine Restaurant. Nor would I entertain the thought of buying frozen lasagna.

UNTIL....my friend made me try Costco's frozen sausage lasagna. It is absolutely delicious, like beyond belief good! You MUST try it. It is sold in two tray pack for a mere $14.00 for both!

All you need is garlic bread and a salad and you are good to go.

• garry

yes and , you know premade lasagne it is  made  by more than 1 manufacturer .. the question should be who makes the best lasagne .

I've had a couple I like but most of the time I'm not impressed. 

Pre made..as in I made lasagna and froze some to bake another time?  I used to make lasagna in 3 loaf pans rather than a 13X9 pan when I was cooking for 2. And it was great. 

Personally I do not like the frozen stuff you buy in the store.  Pretty basic.  Not a lot to it. 

some brands are very good. Some are not so good. Homemade lasagna depends on how good the cook is, not just the fact that its homemade.

Not a fan, especially of the single microwave meals.

The Costco Kirkland frozen lasagna is decent and very reasonably priced.  It's two trays and costs around $20 ($10 each tray).  There's no way you can make lasagna for anywhere near that price.   The trays aren't huge, but one tray lasts my spouse and I about 3-4 meals each. 

• CB

Stouffers is pretty good, but most all of it is very salty and the sauce contains very little meat. Frozen is easy to prepare though. Lasagna is a bit time consuming to make but at least it can be made a day or so ahead and cooked.

Although I am all about that easy life, there are some things I will make myself as I am a very fussy person and don't trust some premade foods to not have some of the gross stuff in it that I hate; Lasagna being one of those things. If I was 100% positive there was no green pepper and chunks of tomato in it, I would not have any problem with premade.

• kswck2

Don't like it. Much prefer homemade, but My homemade also includes sauce from scratch and I don't make it often as it is so time consuming. 

I've never heard it but I'm not keen on opera.