Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

I don't know if I can handle staying with my fiance ?

Today was my sons 8th birthday and even though my finace and I have no been getting along we still decided to take him out to a nice dinner with my step kids. During dinner it started great, then I got up to tell the waitress to bring a bday desert for my son, my son tries following me so I told him to go sit down id be right back. By the time I got back he was almost in tears. I asked whats wrong and I was told my boyfriend called him a dibshit for not sitting down. When they finally brought out the desert my son was to upset to really even be excited about it. It pissed me off and we fought over it and he said its my fault my sons going to turn into a entitled brat.. how would u respond if your kids step dad called them that 

• ?

maybe you shouldnt stay with him then

Sounds like your fiancé is trying to make your gentle boy into a tough guy. Therefore, make sure your parenting styles are compatible. 

This man will not be a stepdad to your son until you are married. If your parenting styles are not harmonious make sure the marriage does not happen. Misery is stressful and can ruin a childhood and the life beyond. You can avoid this life style choice for you and your son. 

I would respond by telling him to shut his trap and f**k off

• Carmen

Every action has a reaction good bad right wrong in any situation but it’s never appropriate to call a child out of their name especially out of anger. It’s time to have a serious conversation with your finance’ to set ground rules concerning certain language toward each other and the children as well as how discipline should take place before the altar.  As far as it depends on you and your finance’ try to remain peaceable with each other especially when children are around because they absorb the feelings of love and hate or dislike between siblings of parents step or paternal. Take some deep breaths and try to keep a calm heart and peace of mind. It’s a challenge putting two families together in a relationship or marriage where step moms dad kids are involved because there are different personalities rules expectations involved this requires a lot of patience love humility courage determination on both sides. 

• T J

Time to move on from him. He will not treat the kids or you well.

The man would come home and find all of his stuff packed and in the street. There is absolutely NO excuse to talk to a child like that. Run away, run far, and run fast. 

I would not stay with a man who talked to my son like that. Once would be one too many times.