Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 2 months ago

Is American cheese considered a high quality cheese, or is it basically just crap?

Some times they try and say it is "premium deli" American cheese, but I think it is just crap.

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

its pure and simple crap.

• 2 months ago

Not real cheese.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

'American Cheese'  is usually thought of as being the 'processed' type.

Cheese like Monterey jack or pepper jack is a better quality cheese similar to Cheddar.  

• 2 months ago

Crap... Haven't taste it and wouldn't want to taste it...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

It’s just crap that a lot of Americans love to eat

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Disgusting crap.  Supposedly melts good but the taste - GAG ME!

We had an ultra fancy sandwich shop open not far from my work a couple years ago.  Very expensive and in my opinion, a little full of themselves.  It took me a couple visits to realize the ONLY cheese they use is American.  When I asked one of the owners about that he said it was because it melted right, they wanted it for texture.

GROSS! I'd rather eat snot- and I don't want to eat snot either.

So I have a better sandwich shop I go to on the other side of town.  And when a coworker offers to get me a sandwich from the first shop I order something without cheese...

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

American cheese is just a 'Cheese food product' that melts easily and is great for grilled cheese-nothing more. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It is CHEAP, it is easy, keeps indefinitely, melts with just a harsh look and doesn't overpower food it is served on. It does what it was designed to do. USA didn't need stinky cheeses we had refrigeration in most homes a half century before the rest of the world.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If it's actually cheese, it's fine.   American cheese is just a different flavor of cheese.

If it's processed American cheese food, it's not actually cheese (like Kraft Singles) and it's crap. 

• 2 months ago

Like all good cheese it is an acquired taste american is easy to acquire.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.