Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 2 months ago

Is American cheese considered a high quality cheese, or is it basically just crap?

Some times they try and say it is "premium deli" American cheese, but I think it is just crap.

its pure and simple crap.

Not real cheese.

• ?

'American Cheese'  is usually thought of as being the 'processed' type.

Cheese like Monterey jack or pepper jack is a better quality cheese similar to Cheddar.  

Crap... Haven't taste it and wouldn't want to taste it...

It’s just crap that a lot of Americans love to eat

• ?

Disgusting crap.  Supposedly melts good but the taste - GAG ME!

We had an ultra fancy sandwich shop open not far from my work a couple years ago.  Very expensive and in my opinion, a little full of themselves.  It took me a couple visits to realize the ONLY cheese they use is American.  When I asked one of the owners about that he said it was because it melted right, they wanted it for texture.

GROSS! I'd rather eat snot- and I don't want to eat snot either.

So I have a better sandwich shop I go to on the other side of town.  And when a coworker offers to get me a sandwich from the first shop I order something without cheese...

• kswck2

American cheese is just a 'Cheese food product' that melts easily and is great for grilled cheese-nothing more. 

It is CHEAP, it is easy, keeps indefinitely, melts with just a harsh look and doesn't overpower food it is served on. It does what it was designed to do. USA didn't need stinky cheeses we had refrigeration in most homes a half century before the rest of the world.

If it's actually cheese, it's fine.   American cheese is just a different flavor of cheese.

If it's processed American cheese food, it's not actually cheese (like Kraft Singles) and it's crap. 

Like all good cheese it is an acquired taste american is easy to acquire.