Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

How come when women choose to not marry, it’s called independence ?

But when men choose to not marry, it’s called fear of commitment?

Favorite Answer

"How come when women choose to not marry, it’s called independence ?"

It's the feminist narrative that is much like "heads I win, tails you lose".  Or in the computer world where you might choose either "faster processing" (lower resolution) or "better performance" (slower tactility) . But you will never be given the options of "slower processing"  or "poorer performance".

It's all spin where no matter what is presented, it's always in the format that women=good : men=bad.  This has been the pro-feminist narrative in the West for the entire time that I have been alive.  So sad!

.

Because 70 percent of divorces are initiated by women. That’s just a fact. Many reasons for divorce are not necessarily serious. It can be really scary for men to marry such women

Women who don’t marry are not independent. They live with cats and dogs to find some meaning in their lives

Most of society is straight laced and moderate.  Both single men and women who live outside their family home are considered 'independent'.  Commitment shy women are never ever discussed, she is automatically called a 'spinster'!

maybe she's not worried about her money anymore... to know love...

its called a INDIVIDUALS  perspective

there is NOTHING stopping a man from claiming he is not married because  of his INDEPENDENCE

there is no WOOWOO  controlling what  words come out of any persons mouth  its controlled by their OWN MIND

It's not independence. It's just fear...

I fear men somewhat, that's one reason why I remain single. I fear being hurt, lied to and the pain of divorce. This doesn't mean that I don't like them. Since, we're not living in the early 20th century and back, it's not essential for women to marry. Back then, it was due to survival.

• donnie

Because it’s a personal choice to marry or not 

The beyouches are trying to control you!

Regardless of what angle you look at if from it's the same basic issue, you simply don't want anything to do with a permanent relationship.

• ?

Who cares what they call it, it can be a lonely life and it is easier to support two than one alone.