Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 2 months ago

Wasn’t this years election unfair? People who normally wouldn’t vote voted because of the mail in and early voting?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Rob
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

How is it unfair?  We've had early voting and mail-in voting in this country for years.  If someone drives a car today that didn't yesterday, is that unfair to anyone who drove a car yesterday?  Allowing people to exercise their Constitutional rights is never unfair, regardless of what others may say.

• Sam
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Why do you think Republicans have been suppressing the vote for decades?   Trump said it best,  when more voters vote, Republicans lose. 

• Lili
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Anything that encourages people to vote is fair.  Americans -- people in all countries -- SHOULD vote in large numbers.  Now that we know, because of the pandemic, that these measures encourage people to vote, we should continue to use them.

• 2 months ago

I early voted to get bunkerboy out!!! no more barbie, the kids or bunkerboy 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Actually it made things MORE fair, since it gave more americans the opportunity to exercise their right to vote.

• Daisy
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

The people used their right to vote- however they saw fit.  Most (including me), voted by mail because of the pandemic.   I didn't want to wait in long lines to vote early or at my polling place on election day- because of long lines and the concern for social distancing.   All states have strict regulations on how voting is conducted.  Representatives from both parties oversee the election process as do the boards of elections in each county of each state.  It was conducted fairly-- just because your candidate lost doesn't mean the election was unfair. It means the voters came out in record numbers because of how important the election was to the country.

• Jeff D
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Voter turnout was up significantly this year--for both parties.  It would be easy to assume that early and mail-in voting is the reason, but we shouldn't jump to conclusions.

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Trump told his supporters not to vote by mail. He literally suppressed his own vote. Dumb? Yes. Unfair? No.

• 2 months ago

We ought to encourage more mail-in voting if it gets people to vote.  Elections where only half the people vote, and about half of them decide for the other 75%, are what is truly unfair.  Elections are only truly fair if everyone has equal opportunity to vote and actually does.

I don't see why you think that letting people vote, making it easier to vote, is somehow unfair.  It is just the opposite.

• 2 months ago

Trump mails in his ballot.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.