Windows 10 Update Preventing Login?

My wife’s computer did an update, and afterwards she was unable to login. After I messed with it, we finally decided to uninstall the last update vía safe mode. It worked and she was able to login. We had to do this twice. The third time I told her to just remove her password altogether. After the update (and preciously not having a login password) it gave her the incorrect login message. 

What can we do about this stupid update...

If it matters - she has an HP Envy x360 running windows 10.

Thanks! 

It would seem there is a problem with the login for her account.  I would try the following: Remove the update.  Change to NO PASSWORD Login.  Install the update.  REboot.  CHANGE HER PASSWORD, but do not reset it to require a password on login.  Reboot.  Now, set to require a password on login. The new password should work properly.  

• David

Which update are we talking about? a feature update that happens twice a year or a security update, if so which. Type winver in the start search box for the version of windows and the KBupdate number if appropriate

You've not given us much to go on, what sort of account does she have - a local account or a microsoft account?

Maybe she inadvertently created a Microsoft login rather than using her local account?

If you want to update again download the update then disconnect from the internet and make sure you are logging in with a local account. We really need more information.

• keerok

Don't update?

Revert to win7.

Go Linux!

------------------

Hahaha! C'mon guys, how long will it take you to realize that allowing ms to update your computers automatically makes you their slaves?