Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 2 months ago

If I get the coronavirus vaccine do I still need to wear a mask after?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Andy C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes.  Unequivocally yes.  Your being immune doesn't prevent you from both carrying and spreading the virus.

• 2 months ago

Getting the coronavirus vaccine does not make you exempt from the law if you go to a store that says Mask required or a restaurant that says mask required you still have to obey the law

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

That's a good question. Maybe. It wouldn't be to protect others from you infecting them but there might be a mask order that remains in place until enough people have been vaccinated for there to be herd immunity, which I believe the CDC is saying is only 60% because of the limited vectoring of coronavirus. There'd be no way to enforce a mask order that said those who've been vaccinated don't have to because there'd be no way to actually tell if someone not wearing a mask had been vaccinated or if they just didn't want to wear a mask and so were exploiting the fact that nobody would know by looking at them they hadn't been vaccinated.

So I'd expect a mask order will remain in effect until enough of the population has been vaccinated, but based on what's been said, while there will be some people who get the vaccine as early as December, very few relatively speaking, as production ramps up, the ramp up will be very swift, so when the vaccine becomes available to the wider population, the level of vaccination to reach herd immunity will occur in just a few weeks. That means we're really only talking about at most a few weeks when a member of the general population has been vaccinated that they may still have to wear a mask, and that's if they're one of the first among the general population to get vaccinated.

If you're dead set against wearing a mask after you've been vaccinated, then maybe don't be the first to jump in line for a vaccination when it becomes available to everyone.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes, of course you still need the mask.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.