Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

if I cut down my calorie intake will I get abs?

I'm 110 lbs and 5'5 (male) the scale says my body fat is 8% and the US Navy calculator says 9% so clearly those tests are wrong otherwise id see my abs right? so if I start eating around 200 fewer calories then my intake should be a day making me lose weight will I soon be able to see my abs?

• d

No, you need to GAIN muscle. Eat more calories, not less, including around 100g of protein per day. Do weight training 3 x week.

a diet wont work you actually need to work out then you'll see them

You need to lose FAT, not just weight.

• Eva

Abs are muscles, so diet alone won't make them appear. More concerning however, it that you're quite a bit underweight.  You need fuel to build muscle. You don't need to lose any more weight, you actually need to gain some and work out.

• Petter

Those tests are not wrong, no matter what your body fat percentage is, it's still highly  individual if your abs show or not. They can be seen with as high as close to 20 % body fat and they can be "invisble" at 5 %, it varies from person to person. You can starve yourself for years and still never see any abs.