Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 2 months ago

Why are the majority of the new cases of covid-19 are with people that used mask all the time while in public?

Are mask not working?

Anonymous do your own research I don't work for you.

• Amy

(a) Because it only takes one aѕѕhole without a mask to spray covid particles everywhere. A mask can't protect you from touching doorknobs that other people breathed on.

(b) Because they didn't consider a gathering of 10-20 friends in someone's home to be "in public" so they took off their masks. 

The majority of new cases were from that type of gathering. That's why there are so many warnings against meeting family for Thanksgiving.

What I'm seeing doesn't support your assertion.  Our contact tracers are finding that recent major outbreaks in our area were due to unmasked parties or gatherings, and just a few of those.

Source(s): I volunteer several days a week at a COVID testing center in California.

The majority of people whose homes got burglarized had their doors locked. Are doors not working? Should all of us leave the doors open?

Other than properly used N95 masks, masks don't offer 100% protection. They do, however, offer some protection - just like door locks don't keep 100% of burglars out but they keep some burglars out.

Recent studies are showing that the larger the dose a patient got of the virus is in proportion to how severely it attacks that individual. The purpose of the mask is to slow down the spread enough that the hospitals can keep up with the number of patients sick at the same time. 

Masks work, but some are better than others. They only work if you cover both the nose and the mouth - I see alot of lazy people who don't wear them properly. This coronavirus will be with us a while longer, so please find a mask that works for you, at least 3 layers thick, to protect yourself and your fellow citizens. 

Ah, you must be one of those pro- disease morons I see from time to time. Excuse me, "anti- masker". As far as your post, what can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. And why is this under finance?

• Jane

Would you give the research figures on this please, I am sure we would all like to know. Or perhaps you prefer to make a statement without sharing your knowledge?

why do we not wear gloves as the virus transfer is on contact mainly , there is great advert on ulster tv that shows this well

I would say that most masks are to protect other people from your breath, not to protect you from other peoples' breath. 

Can you provide evidence for such a claim?

"that used mask all the time while in public"

They're getting COVID at private social events where masks are not being worn...