Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Is feminism a hate movement?

This question does not violate the Y!A guidelines. Yet many answers that were posted on this question under the discover tab have been falsely reported.  This question is being reposted so that those people can repost their answers here.

Please be sure to keep your answer completely within the guidelines, and then appeal to Y!A if your answer is falsely reported.

Update:

I see that this question has made it to the Discover tab where questions are often reported due to someone becoming offended rather than than the question the question being in violation of the rules.

As previously stated, this question does to violate the Y!A guidelines and will be appealed if reported. It will then be re-asked.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Of course not. But from the beginning of the women's suffrage movement, opponents have always claimed feminism was about hatred not equality. Same crap, different century.

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

First wave feminism was not a hate movement. The subsequent waves are largely unnecessary and hateful

• 2 months ago

I am a white man 55, and for various reasons I was mistreated, a handful of times. I became a medic in my teens and by 17 I got a job teaching CPR.  I was mistreated, because I was young, a man, a white man.  I did not like it.  Hear is the history,  women had to go through and still are.  Women could not own land until 1900's Women were allowed to vote until 1928.  Women were given the right to vote, but the republicans at the last minute, changed the bill so only 35 year old white women could vote. Finally the law was changed to be the same as men, 18 in 1928.  Unless your parents owned their own business, and gave a job to their daughter, except for waitress and nurse.  women were not allowed to work at all until WWII when 20% of our young men went to war.  Even when a woman was hired, until the end of the 60's women were paid 70% of what a man was paid for the same job.  Lately I heard most women get 85% of what a man gets for the same job. Lets add the pink tax.  That is where companies charge more for the same product just because they are women. Razors, there is no difference with the blue and pink razors, but women pay 25-40% more.  A  man shirt  cost an average  $15 the same shirt with button's on the left side, and the average cost is $35.  As with BLM, there is obvious mistreatment, of women, and they just want things to be fair.  It was men who women who were standing up for fairness, called them a feminist as an insult.  In the late 70's women took the negative word feminist and used it for their won.  Why is asking for fairness, means they are a hate group?

• U Wish
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Yes. Most definitely yes. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • donnie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No it started out as legitimately wanting equal rights and for men as well to remove stigmas on both sexes. Now people took over and made it into something it’s not 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

NO and it never was. It is the simple opinion that girls and women should always be treated with equal respect given to boys and men, Period. However and unfortunately immature FOX FAKE NEWS GOP CHUMP wanna be BOYS no matter how old they are just can't handle equally educated as well as much smarter GIRLS AND WOMEN. So stop acting like such a CHUMP FOX FAKE NEWS brat. GIRLS AND WOMEN ARE NOT PROPERTY OF IMMATURE LITTLE BOYS, THEY ARE INDEED EQUALLY WORTHY PEOPLE WHOM SIMPLY DESERVE EQUAL RESPECT. And giving girls and women equal rights and respect regardless of where they live or work should never have been a given 

issue in the first place. Especially while CHUMP supporter BOYS cried and pooped their diapers about their so called rights of not being able to fall down drunk in their loser bar while we have over 250,000 DEAD people from the virus. So please folks before YOU little BOYS make your immature comment about GIRLS and WOMEN on any given website etc...DON'T. Because in our WORLD; respect for others doesn't just pertain to BOYS and MEN. RESPECT applies to everyone regardless of GENDER. It's time to end the arrogant and sexist attitudes towards girls and women that often lead to abuse of girls and women. So treat OTHERS with the same RESPECT that YOU wish to be treated. It's that SIMPLE; folks.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Feminism has always been a hate movement. The past few decades they haven’t even attempted to try to hide their hatred of men. 

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

"Feminism", like any other idea, runs the gamut from the rational to the extreme. Clearly most feminists aren't like Valerie Solanas, the violent extremist feminist who shot Andy Warhol. Much in the same way not all men's rights activists are Proud Boys. There are shades of belief amongst both these groups. 

• 2 months ago

Feminism didn't start out as a hate movement, but of a way of supporting women and helping them make lifestyle choices that suited their own particular choices.

• 2 months ago

"Is feminism a hate movement?"

We can say with certainty, that the mainstream feminist movement harbours man-haters within it's movement.

https://lexingtonlibertarian.wordpress.com/2018/09...

"When some of the most prominent feminists and famous women make openly hateful anti-male statements, and the mainstream feminist organizations say and do nothing to distance themselves from such public statements, then it’s clear that the hatred of men has an accepted place in mainstream feminism." 

Man hating comments from prominent feminists have been a regular occurrence now for well over 40 years now. Seemingly, most feminists seem to have no problems with that. These radical man-haters have never been called out by feminists of any stripe. And there has never been a challenge against the feminist leadership for harbouring these misandrists. It seems that all those that identify as feminists must be OK with the man hate as part of the movement.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.