Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingToddler & Preschooler · 2 months ago

Is a 20 month old too old to still be wearing diapers?

or should they be potty trained by now?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Not at all-

The average age (give or take) is 2 1/2-3 years old! Also keep in mind each person is different, and guys tend to be harder to train than girls, when it comes to that issue, you failed to mention which gender we're discussing here.

I have 4 nieces and nephews-

1- My oldest niece was toilet trained by the time she was just over 2

2- My two nephews (twins) were over 3 before they were successfully trained, they still wear pull ups at night (they're 5 now)

3- My youngest niece who is 3 1/2, has just begun the toilet trianing venture.

• L
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

NO.  Most toddlers aren't potty trained until 2-years of age or a bit older.

• 2 months ago

It is time to start getting your child potty trained. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No - it would not be normal for a baby to be potty trained by 20 months.  It is perfectly normal for the average baby to still be in diapers at 20 months.  

The average range for potty training happens between the age of 2 years (24 months) and 3 years (36 months).

Most parents start working on potty training at about the age of 2 and the average child is fully potty trained by the age of 3 or shortly after.  Some children might still have night time accidents for a couple more years - up to about the age of 5.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • God
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Most children are potty trained by about 3 years old.  If you try too early you'll just frustrate yourself.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Really depends on the kid. "Potty training" a young toddler is more about training the parent to recognize signs of bathroom need and rush their child there than it is about the child actually having control over bodily functions. Most children train between 2 and 3 1/2. If a toddler is potty trained before 2 then that's great, but it's also incredibly normal for kids to be a little bit older.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Depends on the kid, some is fully potty trained and some are not!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.