Is wordpad still necessary if you have Microsoft word?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

If you have word then theres really no use for you to keep on using wordpad. Wordpad is good if you don't want to give microsoft extra money for a few bloated programs that in my opinion aren't worth it. Although there is many great alternative office suites out there. Like libre office or openoffice.

• 2 months ago

No.

However, wordpad is still useful if you ever want to get rid of or avoid all the bloat that comes from using Word. 

And sometimes notepad is better than either...

• 2 months ago

Yes, WordPad is free. It's part of Windows 10. However, you should note that Word is really just a glorified text editor, not a real word processing program. If your formatting needs are very slight, it may do for you, but if your needs are greater, you may need a better program.

• 2 months ago

Necessary? No.  Convenient?  Yes.  But don't de-install it unless you verify that there are no associations to it.  If there is ANY file type still associated with Wordpad and you remove the utility, Windows might have trouble deciding what to do with the file.

So if you never use it, it's not that big a program anyway.  Let it be.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Since it's free with Windows, your question seems irrelevant.

• 2 months ago

I find no use for WordPad.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

sure. as soon as your 365 subscription runs out, you'll still have WordPad. lol

• 2 months ago

Wordpad has been included as part of most Windows OS since Windows 95. So, you don't have to use it since it's no where near as powerful as Word. I do not have Word installed on my PC, so I have used Wordpad many times, as well as the pretty inadequate Notepad. Still, for those users who do have Word, if it ever fails to load for some reason, you know you have a back up program for word processing. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.