Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 2 months ago

Can you travel from each country inside the US freely? Or would I need my passport to travel through each country?

I'd like to travel through the US. 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Within the US, they're states, not separate countries. One visa covers the whole country. 

• 2 months ago

Do you mean state?  Yes; you can easily go from one state to another.  The USA is one country.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If you're traveling domestically within the US by plane you'd need some form of federally accepted ID (either your Real ID DL or your passport). But if you're traveling by train, bus or car you generally wouldn't need to show any ID as you cross state lines. This is of November 2020 though and many suspect that as the nation grapples with COVID-19 more interstate border enforcement might be suggested. 

• 2 months ago

That is what the states are supposed to be like - little countries with a common language, a common currency and common defense against other countries.  Like the European Union.  That is why we have state laws that differ.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Your question makes NO sense. The USA is one country

• 2 months ago

There only is one country inside the U.S.; the U.S. is all one country.

• Jeff S
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Actually I think you meant States. Nope there's no borders between States. Thus no border stations to present your passport. You just need the passport for identification purposes.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

'Country' presumerably you mean County or states...........the US is one Country

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

States.  The US is one country.  Yes, you can travel freely between states.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Ok Borat...shut up

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.