Is this sentence correct ?

Their visit supercharged the atmosphere,  and helped me relieve my depression. 

Favorite Answer

It is grammatically correct, but it is a little dramatic, and probably not something that would be commonly said. You could try:

Their visit really livened things up and helped relieve my depression.

• ?

Yes, the sentence is correct.

USA today              

I might say, "The atmosphere was supercharged by their visit, which helped relieve my depression."

• RP

Yes, it seems fine as is, although the comma is not essential.

Leave out the comma.  Their visit did two things:  1) supercharged the atmosphere and 2) helped TO relieve your depression

This sentence is half correct, so:

The word I have shipped was not appropriate or appropriate because it would be this word, for example:

Powered by an incredibly powerful 10 Liter supercharged engine, this aircraft can perform spectacular unlimited aerobatics that will amaze the airshow audience.

Therefore, it is better to put appropriate words that complement the sentence, for example:

1- Their visit filled the atmosphere, and they helped me relieve my depression.

2- They visited the atmosphere ......... etc.

3- Their visit illuminated the atmosphere ........ etc.

4 - Their visit revived the atmosphere ........... etc.

Source(s): https://sentence.yourdictionary.com/(Powered by an incredibly powerful 10 Liter supercharged engine, this aircraft can perform spectacular unlimited aerobatics that will amaze the airshow audience.) For examples 1,2,3,4 from my mother professor.

It is OK, but 'supercharged the atmosphere' requires guesswork to understand what you mean.

• Not

The depression went away with a bang!