riley asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 2 months ago

How do you book a hotel with a debit card ?

I need to book a hotel but I don’t have a actual credit card that you charge stuff I only have a debit card is it possible to book a hotel with a debit card 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Cashback on the Profit card https://mnogo-kreditov.ru/

• 2 months ago

Yes, you can. I've done it many times. The money will be deducted when the hotel website tells you it will be--so PAY CLOSE ATTENTION--and have enough money in your account to cover that amount at all times until it is deducted. 

• Amy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, you can book a hotel with a debit card.

They will put a "hold" on a large amount of money - more than your total bill is likely to be, just in case you charge things to the room or cause damage. The hold means they don't actually take the money out of your account, but you can't spend it anywhere else either. As a result, you need to have that much in your debit account or the card will be rejected.

When you settle your bill, they will take the appropriate amount of money and release the hold on the rest.

• 2 months ago

Don't risk it.  Many hotels don't accept debit cards.  Even if you are able to book it, many hotels won't let you stay there without an actual credit card.  They often require one when you arrive, even if you booked without one.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Ask the hotel. Ive never tried. And it would depend on the hold they were trying to use. If your account has $28 you wont be approved for a $500 hold.

• 2 months ago

To book a hotel without a credit card, just ring up and book over the phone. Without the credit card, they will take your name, but might not hold onto the room if you are late. But if they are not booked up, it will be okay.

The real problem is when you arrive, you usually need to make a deposit with a credit card. But some hotels still allow you to make deposit with cash (not a debit card).

What you can do instead, is apply for a pre-paid credit card. People get confused about this and say there is no such thing. Basically, this is card where you deposit money onto the card, and uses this money with credit card standard to make payments. 

You can also get a card that links directly to your bank account. But the pre-paid credit cards for travel can be bought on the spot from various places, and they are ready to go right away. 

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Ask the hotel.  Some will take that as long as they can put a lock on a certain amount of money or collect a deposit from you.  Others will not.  Call the hotel and ask how they handle guests with debit cards.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.