Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingToddler & Preschooler · 2 months ago

Is someone 36 too old for a 28 old year old?

Is a 36 year old male too old for a 28 year old female? 

• Willie

When I met my future wife I was 41 and she was 26, so we got married six months later, and we are still married after 31 years.

I often wonder why a 36 year old guy wouldn't date more in his range.

I often find these guys immature late bloomer so they are far behind the average woman the same age.

I often wonder what guys this age have been up too?...no degree, no career,....

If he still lives at home id run far away.

It depends on the people. Compatibility and shared life goals are more important, but studies have shown that couples with age gaps of more than 5 years (it might have been 3; sorry, it's been a while since I read it and can't find the article now) are less likely to stay together, and the larger the gap in age, the more likely they are to separate.

That said, my father was eight years older than my mother (she was 18, he was 26 when they married) and they were married 38 years until he died. My husband is six and a half years older than I am, and we've been happily married for 17 years. My sister is married to a man 10 years her senior and they've been together at least 14 years.

not if they are compatiable

• GB

You are too old if either of you think that you are. My Dad was 12 1/2 year older than my mother, and their marriage lasted for life.

No  at 28 it doesn’t look so bad anymore to date someone older. I however am 25and my husband is 10years older than me. I love him and really age has never been an issue and I could care less of what people will think.  When you love someone and are loved back it shouldn’t matter what others think

For me yes, to others maybe not!