Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 2 months ago

I think my old pharmacy gave me old expired pills... is it possible?

I just changed pharmacies and noticed the pills they gave me look strikingly different than the ones my old pharmacy gave me for years. So is it possible they gave me old expired pills?

I suggest never use expired pills

No, i suggest don't use expired pills or give to anyone

• Lili

Extremely unlikely; that would be illegal.  Most likely, you're just getting a different brand.

Ask your pharmacist if you are so concerned. Wouldn't that be a more intelligent thing to do than asking here?

Many meds are made by several pharmaceutical firms and each looks different. You're just getting one from a different manufacturer.

• kelvin

no......................

• Marc

No. Different manufacturers make pills differently.  I take meds that sometimes are round and sometimes they are oblong. It just depends on where your pharmacy orders them from

• ?

It is not legal for them to give you old pills.  If they are a reputable pharmacy it is not likely they would do so.  More likely, the pills you got were made by a different manufacturer.  Same strength, same ingredients but a different color or shape.  

Contact a school of pharmacy and describe the "pills". (Probably tablets, not pills.) They can tell you. Chances are that you were getting the right stuff from both pharmacies.

Unlikely. It could be a generic form.

• Tavy

No, it is most probably the same drug but a different manufacturer.

Aspirin comes in many different forms made by different drug companies. Same drug different shape.