Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 2 months ago

Should the transgendered be allowed to serve in the military?

Obviously they were not then, but are now. Transgenderism is a mental illness and most mental illnesses disqualify you from military service. Wokeness has no place in military affairs. Homosexuals and women should be kept out of the military as well. Note the "impartial", not-at-all liberal BBC fawning over trannyism.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54965038

What is your motive in attempting to weaken the military by limiting who may serve in it?  And how qualified are you to determine what is or is not a mental illness?

Transgender is not a mental illness gender dysmorphia is ie gender depression. Transsexual woman. Still on your proganda

Oh, you have probably been out of school for a while so you might not be aware? Its not considered a mental illness anymore. The scientific community at large has reassessed this outdated evaluation and since redefined it as its own thing. The only capacity to which being transgender relates to medecine is in terms of gender affirming surgeries and the like. Sorry for the confusion! To answer your question, for as long as there continues to be a necessity for the armed forces, I think it makes sense to allow whosoever is willing to fight for their country to do so regardless of sex or gender or anything. It seems weird to exclude willing bodies based on that criteria, to be honest. 

When I was in the Army, transgenders, and homosexuals were not allowed to serve and women were allowed to serve in certain MOS's. In general, there were far fewer problems than we see today.

They could try, but what do you think the other soldiers will be towards them. My guess is it would be a nightmare.

I prefer not to answer this, but I appreciate your asking me.

If they are able to do the job efficiently, I don't see why not.

• April

If the military is cutting off applicants just because of their gender, they're obviously not that desperate for help.

• ?

why not , they can kill effectively as other can .

• Marli

The article doesn't prove your statements at all, but I found it was a thoughtful read.

Was the military woman displaying as a man really a transgender or a woman circumventing the "rules" that a soldier in combat must be a man?  It's not the first time that a woman had to make herself a man to fulfill the "mission" of her life. I don't know if Dr James Barrie was a man in her inner being inside a woman's body or if she had to play the man in order to become a physician and thereafter had to remain a man in order to practice medicine; but public and military health is indebted to his/her sharp temper and tenacity in setting standards in South Africa and elsewhere.

It should not matter in what gender aptitude is found. What matters is giving it the means to develop.