Which city is more like NYC in terms of culture?

Miami or Chicago ?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Chicago. Miami is nice to visit for a few days

• 2 months ago

Chicago would be overall,  closest to NYC. 

• 2 months ago

No comparison - Chicago.  Miami *might* be a little more urbane that c vast chucks of FL. Trust me - we owned a timeshare in FL for many years, until we could not STAND the lack of - everything - there . . .  everyone knows the old joke:"What is the difference between Florida and yogurt?" - Only ONE of them has an decent live culture.) And we have visited Chicago, and truly enjoyed it!) If you are asking *more like* - I consider performing arts, a fine symphony orchestras ( we are career classical musicians and have WALKED OUT of Miami concerts - unbearable . . . while all the NY performances we attend ( we live with an easy drive down) are wonderful).  Fine libraries. good sports teams to watch - we usually (not this year - or next) go to Tampa for Yankee Spring Training), fine dining,. etc.etc.  We have no use for most of Florida - and we have friends and former colleagues that moved there - and nwo regret it - they say they are bored stupid, and their brains are rotting.  if you think SHOPPING at the malls makes a great city - then take your pick.  But you asked for opinions, and here is mine.  Want more great cities?  I am originally from Boston (and married a Yankee fan after grad school - had to be love, for sure) and we have also visited other major Us cities, and many great cities around the world.  We are both multi-lingual ( and not in the same languages, so it goes farther when we need them) and sometimes say that we could stay weeks longer in Vienna, Barcelona, Budapest, Krakow, and other favorite cities - but have no intention to MOVE to any of them.  But 3 days in Florida - and many states we REFUSE to visit! - would make us suicidal.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

a tie but Chicago is more like it in climate

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.