Anon
Anon asked in Consumer ElectronicsCamcorders · 3 months ago

How to use camera with video mixer?

When I plug my Sony HDR-CX450 camera into my Roland AV Mixer VR-3EX using the HDMI cable that came with my camera, all I get on the monitor input is static - white with two green vertical lines.  I'm not sure if this is a problem with the mixer or the camera.  I've played with the IN/OUT SETUP, and all that changes is instead of static I get a black screen, so I'm assuming this setup is the right one for connectivity.  Does anyone have any ideas of what is wrong (do I need some kind of adapter for my camera, do I need to be in a special mode, etc.)?  I'm really new to this, so it could easily be something really basic.

Visit this website for help https://bitly.com/39QskQY

• ?

If you are plugging the CX450's HDMI-out into channels 1, 2 or 3... don't do that. Try channel 4.

Other option if you need to use Channels 1, 2 or 3 is to check the menu on the CX450  to downsample the output to standard def.

The CX450 is a low-end consumer grade camcorder and may not have the ability to downsample the video using the external output unless you select Standard definition video as the recording resolution for the camcorder.