Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 3 weeks ago

My parents want me to delete my post?

I posted a couple pictures on my private Instagram of me in a short skirt and crop top that my mom picked out with me. I showed my mom but not my dad the pictures beforehand, and she was fine with them. But I posted them and my dad is demanding I take the post down because the pictures are “suggestive and provocative,” when they’re literally just pictures of me in a skirt and crop top. No bad poses or anything. Am I in the wrong for not taking the post down? How do I get him to understand that I, my mom, and all of my friends agree that these pictures aren’t inappropriate?

i would take them down if you dont want to argue with your dad

You didn't include your age, but I must assume that you are a teenager, still a minor, living in your parents' home. And as such, you are still subject to their rules and supervision, even when you disagree with them. But you knew that already, didn't you?  Hence, you don't "get him to understand... and agree that these pictures aren't inappropriate", because you think so, and "all of my friends agree...".   He's the parent, and you have to take the pictures done, honey.  While we're at it, even without seeing said photos, I would probably agree with him that you are asking for trouble, that they are suggestive and inappropriate. Whom do you think will see these pictures, besides all your friends? Your teacher? Your future employer when you go for a job interview and he or she googles you on the net?  Some pervert who is surfing around for victims? Even kids you know, how about some of them thinking you're a good target for sexual exploitation? Ho hum, whether you agree or not, you have to do what daddy says, as I've already stated. So bite the bullet and take the pictures down.