Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceFinancial Aid · 1 month ago

Are there any scholarships for American students to study in Canada?

Hi! I was recently accepted into a Canadian university and of course, I would like to seek financial help. The only results that I am seeing mostly are scholarships for extremely gifted students in doctorate degrees, which I am not taking in my studies. Are there any general scholarships to help this American out?

3 Answers

  • MS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Financial aid, including scholarships, is rarely awarded to international students.  Many schools depend on those students to pay full tuition.

  • 1 month ago

    Contact the university itself and get them to put you in contact with financial aide. They will be able to discuss what options are available for you. Without knowing what university you are going to it is too much of a wild card to try to guess. Where ever it is, welcome to Canada and have a great time here.

  • 1 month ago

    contact financial aid office immediately -- and don't hold your breath

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.