Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 4 weeks ago

is watership down by Richard Adams an easy book to read and get in to?

i love the 1978 animated film and will always remember it and be fond of it....but i confess ive never read the actual book...i have a learning disability which makes it hard for me to get into books, even though i enjoy reading and have read many books..

i just wondered is watership down a book thats easy to read and enjoy?

tina - thanks i'll hunt it down and give it a go.

• Tina
    Favorite Answer

Borrow the book from the library. Or buy a cheap paperback from Amazon.

Then read the first few chapters to see if you like it. You are the best person to know if you will enjoy it.

I shall never understand why people ask whether a book is worth reading or not. Obviously something about it must have piqued your interest or you wouldn't ask at all - so why not just get a copy from your library and try it?

There is no law that says you must finish a book if you don't enjoy it.

Not particularly, but it was good once you did get into it.

I liked it.  His Dunction Wood about the moles was a harder read. 

I found it a fun read, especially learning the rabbits language, and the neat insult the author created in it that is left untranslated into English.  Some sad parts.

I read it a long time ago. After, I wished I had kept  a list of characters - there were a lot. Well worth reading.