Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 month ago

Is the landlord allowed to make me let my neighbor use my toilet?

My neighbor's toilet is down for repairs and is currently just a stump.  My landlord is saying I must allow them to use the toilet in my apartment for them and their guests (they are planning a Saturday party).  Am I required to do this?  They have already been dirty and not flushed the toilet.

No freaking way. He needs to install a porta potty in the yard.

No, you're not required to do this. The landlord cannot force you to share your bathroom facilities with anyone. And especially  not guests from a party!! That's unsafe--and unsanitary. And you can refuse. Tell the landlord to find another way to accomodate those people--and let him know you will not tolerate this intrusion. 

• L

Are you required to do this - NO!  Your DIM WIT neighbor should NOT be having any parties until his or her toilet is repaired or have the party at someone else's home.

Only in Trollville

Absolutely not! Your landlord is just looking for an easy way out and is using you. Deny this request.

No, you are not at all required to do this.  

• R P

Happens all the time in Trollville

No, obviously not. Your landlord has to sort this out with them, and provide suitable facilities; your bathroom is not this. 

its the law in trollville

Ask for compensation. You don’t have to let your neighbors use your toilet unless it’s in the contract. 

What’s next. You have to let the neighbors sleep in your house if their heating breaks down. You have to cook them a meal if their stove breaks.