Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 month ago

Is the landlord allowed to make me let my neighbor use my toilet?

My neighbor's toilet is down for repairs and is currently just a stump.  My landlord is saying I must allow them to use the toilet in my apartment for them and their guests (they are planning a Saturday party).  Am I required to do this?  They have already been dirty and not flushed the toilet.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No freaking way. He needs to install a porta potty in the yard.

• 1 month ago

No, you're not required to do this. The landlord cannot force you to share your bathroom facilities with anyone. And especially  not guests from a party!! That's unsafe--and unsanitary. And you can refuse. Tell the landlord to find another way to accomodate those people--and let him know you will not tolerate this intrusion. 

• L
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Are you required to do this - NO!  Your DIM WIT neighbor should NOT be having any parties until his or her toilet is repaired or have the party at someone else's home.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Only in Trollville

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Absolutely not! Your landlord is just looking for an easy way out and is using you. Deny this request.

• 1 month ago

No, you are not at all required to do this.  

• R P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Happens all the time in Trollville

• 1 month ago

No, obviously not. Your landlord has to sort this out with them, and provide suitable facilities; your bathroom is not this. 

• 1 month ago

its the law in trollville

• 1 month ago

Ask for compensation. You don’t have to let your neighbors use your toilet unless it’s in the contract. 

What’s next. You have to let the neighbors sleep in your house if their heating breaks down. You have to cook them a meal if their stove breaks. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.