Rob asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

My girlfriend/fiance died without warning and her family is against me ?

My fiance died suddenly without warning. The autopsy has yet to yield results. I am hurting so bad. I wanted to lean towards her father and her children from a prior marriage  but things turned after just a couple of days. I couldn't sleep or eat for days. I cant seem to shake it.

The following day of her death, he father and her 2 children, a daughter and a son, they went straight to her house and started emptying it out, looking for her trust and will. My main focus was to find out why and how she died, yet their main focus was to follow her will and money. We used to have a good relationship, now I dont even recognize them. How do I cope with losing her, and still try to be nice to her family when they seem to not like me anymore and seem so greedy?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

they might be mad about it and taking their anger out on you

• T J
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

See a grief counselor as soon as you can.

• 1 month ago

You can try to find a grief counselor and a support group.

Grief is very tough and the death of a partner is one of the most hurtful things a person can go through. You need all the help you can get. 

About her dad and children... I don't know why they are behaving like this, unfortunately grief does strange things to people. But focus on healing and maintaing boundaries towards them.

• 1 month ago

they might be mad about her dying and taking it out on you

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Sorry for your loss. Her family probably doesn't want you to get anything from her estate, don"t take it personally.

• 1 month ago

you seem reaaly sweet and nice. hope u find out the truth. tc

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.