Does someone's name affect their personality?

• Kin
    Favorite Answer

I think so, yes, and babies deserve a good name always. It is their right and its wonderful to name a child a wonderful, beloved, honorable, good name.

• Jake

Only if you're name is Karen or Chad

I'm in my 60's and can say I have had a lot of Beverly's come into my life. At first, I thought it silly to judge a person because someone else with the same name was a scumbag. After the first few, I accepted ALL were the same! Very nice to begin with, but back stabbing lying users as I got to know them better. When I meet any now, I avoid them like the plague.

No. A persons psychology is genetic and therefore cannot be changed. I have a name that I was made fun of for in high school and now I cannot even say may name to meet people without feeling embarrassment so I completely avoid talking to people. Me having a name I cannot say did not make my life bad but that I am not attractive to women did make my life not good at all. If I was good looking to women and completely psychologically normal I would have a good life no matter what my name is. 

There are really only two types of personality and that is you are a person who can feel real emotions or you are a psychopath. Both of those are genetic and cannot be changed by outside stimuli.