I want to stop someone from being the soleperson conducting business for property that I and multiple persons are heirs to.?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You could have asked this in a clear and concise way.  The 'soleperson conducting business for property that I and multiple persons are heirs to'  is either an executor named in a will or an administrator, appointed by the court that oversees estate matters, because the owner of the property died without a will. And in that case, it would be state law, not YOU, who decides if you are an heir or not. Your time to object to someone being administrator would have been before the court appointed that person.

That's why I'm guessing that you, for some reason, do not like/trust the executor named in the will. You can file written objection with the court that oversees estate matters, and you will have to present solid evidence for why this person should have their powers removed.  If ALL of the heirs objected and did so in writing to the court, it might happen.  If you are the 'lone wolf', so to speak, your complaint might not be listened to.

If you have material evidence that would disqualify the named executor, you would do best hiring an attorney to help you navigate the legal system.

• 1 month ago

The previous owner died without a will? And now you are one of the heirs to their property? But the estate representative hasn't turned over the property to the heirs? Is that the situation?

Because if any of that is wrong, then you are not a heir, and basically it's none of your business.

• 1 month ago

See a lawyer for advice. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

That's nice, but it's not your decision.   You have zero ownership interest and have no say. 

And by the way, there is zero guarantee that you will inherit anything.   Someone could change their mind or someone could die in debt.  

Until someone is dead and you actually own it, butt out and mind your own business.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not within your power or authority until you are an owner. Even then, you'll have to run it by the other owners before acting.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.