Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 4 weeks ago

Why is weed illegal but not tobacco?

Weed isn't as near as bad as tobacco. the only thing bad about weed is that it messes up your memory. but there's still good health benefits of weed, but tobacco on the other hand has NO health benefits and it doesn't get you high. so there's literally no point in smoking that poison. Why the hell is a safe plant illegal but a toxic cancer causing product like Tobacco is legal?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Where I live, both are legal.

I think tobacco should be illegal.

• 4 weeks ago

That's a good argument for banning tobacco.  I agree. it isn't a good argument for legalizing weed.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I think weed is worse than tobacco,

• Embery
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Because nobody and I mean NOBODY likes dope fiends.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Marijuana not only was a healing plant but also made good textiles. They outlawed hemp to be racist and oppress Native Americans medicinally and enforce cotton farms on African Americans. Tobacco also became a huge way to oppress native Latinos since most tobacco comes from Latin America 

• Sam
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

That's a question you need to ask legislators (politicians) because why weed in illegal and tobacco isn't, doesn't make much sense because tobacco use is one of the highest causes of illnesses and costs to society.  

• David
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Not that i disagree with your overall conclusion, but the general reason would be it’s mind altering while tobacco isn’t. I think there’s too many people in congress who are apparently too stubborn to understand it’s not as damaging as they’d like to think so they won’t get behind a federal legalization.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.